Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mexican Bureaucracy--Round 2

Just when I thought my days of battling with Mexico City bureaucrat-types were over-- I may have to prepare myself for another round. I'm about to enter the scary world of the Mexican tax system. I'm shuddering just thinking about the process. Getting anything official done in Chilangolandia is a nightmare.

I'm still not over the days when I came home in tears after dealing with never-ending red tape and horrible bureaucrats who did nothing to help me get my Mexican citizenship. It was possibly the most stressful three months ever. I had a meltdown at the Federal Electoral Commission office, and even had to pay my first bribe for what was supposed to be a free government document. Ah, those were the days.

I can foresee the drama ahead, so that makes things worse. OK, deep breath--I'm going in.

No comments: